The National Anaesthesiologists Societies Committee (NASC) and the Education and Training Committee are calling for applications for the Young Teaching Recognition Award.
The purpose of this award is to acknowledge and encourage individuals with outstanding and innovative teaching skills who will have an impact on the dissemination of knowledge and training.
The winning presentations may be developed into an ESA e-learning module.
2 prizes will be awarded. Presentations should address the specific annual topic.
- Anaesthesia:Cardiovascular and Thoracic, Geriatric, Respiration and Airways Management
- Intensive Care, Perioperative Medicine and Pain Medicine: haemodynamic goal-directed therapy; non opioid based analgesia; optimization of ICU sedation
Application deadline: 30 March 2018
How to apply:
Complete the online application form and upload the following documents:
Curriculum vitae with portrait photograph
Outline of your lecture :
350 words with subtitles –
- Why is this topic important
- What specific goals will be addressed in the presentation
- Gaps in knowledge
- Take home messages
Reference letter from Head of Department and of the Chairperson or President of your National Society
The Selection Process
- Applicants should be a trainee or within the first year of specialisation. Associate Professors or equivalent are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants should be members of their National Society and of the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA)
- Applicants must be working in Europe.
- All complete applications will be reviewed by a panel consisting of the chairs the E-Learning Subcommittee, Education and Training Committee, NASC, Scientific Committee, Trainee Committee
- Each application will be scored on:
- Content: novelty of educational approach
- Presentation: novelty
- Educational sustainability: impact on future initial/continuous training
- Potential use for ESA e-learning module
The Award Judging Process
The Young Teaching Recognition Award Competition is held during Euroanaestheisa.
2 Award Finalists from each topic (Anaesthesia and Intensive Care) are invited to give a 10-minute lecture, followed by a 10 minute discussion with the panel of experts.
- A panel of 4 experts and peers attending the session vote for the Award Winners at the end of the session.
- Award Finalists receive free registration to Euroanaethesia 2018 and travel reimbursement according to the ESA reimbursement policy.
- Award Winners will be invited to give a full lecture at Euroanaesthesia 2019, within the appropriate learning track.
- Award Winners receive 2-year ESA membership.
For further information please contact: susan.debievre(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)esahq.org